What is Inktober?
Created by Jake Parker in 2009 with the intent of inspiring artists to get into the habit of drawing regularly in order to improve their skills through practice, the Inktober Challenge is this:
Use ink as a medium to create a new piece of artwork for every day in the month of October. Don’t have enough ideas to keep the drawings coming? No worries! There are prompts for that. Visit the official site at inktober.com for more information.
All of us here at Phoenix Art Supplies & Framing want to encourage you to develop confidence and strong drawing habits. This non-juried art show will be a fun opportunity to try something new and display your results with fellow local artists in a festive environment. In addition to the art show, there will be fun fall activities and refreshments. Enjoy the fall air while painting a mini-pumpkin or try out ink-based art materials at our ‘play station’. During this special event view, purchase and vote for your favorite original artwork. Costumes are encouraged, but optional.
Accepting Online Entries
Now through Sunday, Oct 23
Artwork Drop Off
Tuesday, Oct. 25 thru Saturday, Oct. 29
Sunday, Oct. 30
Noon – 3:00 pm
- Submissions must be original artwork created with ink products such as, but not limited too:
- bottled ink
- alcohol ink
- acrylic ink
- Submissions may be of, but not limited to, the following techniques:
- brush painting
- plus more
- Photography will not be accepted
- Artwork must have not been previously exhibited at a Phoenix Art Supplies & Framing sponsored show.
- Phoenix Art Supplies & Framing retains the right to reject artwork deemed inappropriate to display in the store.
Size & Presentation
- Artwork must have outer dimensions no greater than 14″ on the longest size and no greater than 11” on the shortest side (including matting).
- Matting is not required.
- Artwork must be unframed.
- Artwork must have a clear protective sleeve & rigid backing board.
Sales & Pricing
- Artwork must be available for sale.
- Pricing may not exceed $100.
- Phoenix Art Supplies & Framing will retain 30% of the sale price of sold artwork.
- Artists are encouraged to take inspiration from the official Inktober 2022 prompt list. The list will soon be available on the official site or can be picked up at Phoenix Art Supplies & Framing, when it becomes available.
- Artist may enter up to 2 works of art.
- There is a $5 fee per work of art entered. Fees will be collected at drop off of accepted artwork.
- This is a non-juried art show. Upon submitting your artwork online, please consider your artwork accepted unless you hear otherwise from us.
- Accepted artwork must be delivered to Phoenix Art Supplies & Framing between Tuesday, Oct. 25 & Saturday, Oct. 29 during regular business hours. (If you do not have a bag and backer, you may purchase them at the store.)
- Unsold artwork must be picked up between Monday, Oct. 31 & Saturday, Nov. 5.
Best in Show
- $50 gift certificate to Phoenix Art Supplies & Framing plus a currated seasonal gift bag
- As picked by the staff of Phoenix Art Supplies & Framing
People’s Choice Award
- $25 gift certificate to Phoenix Art Supplies & Framing plus a currated seasonal gift bag
- As voted by attendees of the art show. (Bring your fans!)
Voting to take place during the show from noon and 2:00 pm. Winners to be announced at 2:30 pm.
Please email email@example.com or call 215-345-0980.